Jason

video chatting

For video chatting it says you have to use Firefox or chrome web browser for or to work. I would love to chat with anyone on here.

I use Chrome. My laptop windows 8, has a camera. How do I activate it? Do I need an app for this, or SKYPE?  ... for chat? 

Edited by Goby
more info

Hey there Goby, you don't need anything special (just don't use internet explorer/Microsoft edge since these browsers aren't compatible with the video chatting portion). On the website, there's a specific portion for video chatting. You just join a room if there's anyone online. Here's the link if you can't find it: https://www.signlanguageforum.com/asl/asl-video-chat-rooms/

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hi y'all, I'm currently enrolled in a ASL 2 class however I feel like I need more help practice and I don't not have enough people in my life for me to practice. I am also studying to be a speech pathologies which is how I became exposed to the Deaf community. After my summer class is over I don't want to lose the skills and language I have learned.
    • Hey Kelly! Are you taking the ASLPI Evaluation? If not, what competency exam?  I'm asking because I've recently taken an interest in the whole ASL levels concept and was trying to figure out where I stood(I'm self taught).  Anyways, welcome!
    • Hi guys! I'm 35 and hearing but took ASL through college and undergrad. I worked as an interpreter for a bit right after high school. I listed ASL as a competency on a job application (I start Tuesday) and I have to complete a competency exam through Gallaudet and really need to brush up on my skills (it's been way too long!!!). I love to find someone to video chat with the challenge and help me refresh my skills! Thanks so much!!