• 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • I want to learn because I think it is a very amazing way that there is a language anybody can use without using their voice, not just that but it is fun, cool, and interesting to learn and do.
    • Hi!  My name is Nancy, and I’m new to this site, and hoping there might be some good advice here.  I learned finger spelling in ASL as I was growing up from a school friend who was patient enough to teach me.  Recently I was looking up the meaning of the word online, and somehow I found a great online dictionary that included pronunciation, meanings, alternate spellings and the ASL finger spelling of it at the bottom.  It was phenomenal, but I cannot find it now, after multiple searches.  I know it exists...just can’t find it again, argh.  I’ve worked in health care (as a nursing assistant, and a nurse) and have found ASL invaluable...so glad I learned at least the finger spelling level.  It has been invaluable. If I could find that dictionary again, I think there is interest for a lot of people who may not have been as lucky as I was to have learned it in childhood.  That dictionary I felt also raised awareness of the need to be open to learning this level.  I wish all dictionaries were so thoughtful!  Now that I’ve searched for this particular dictionary, I sadly see that is not the case.  Has anyone got an idea about this dictionary resource?  If so, I would so appreciate a link.  Thank you so much.
    • @Crystal Inesta hi there. I am a ASL student from california. would you like to practice sometime? Here is my email if you wish to practice: [email protected] 
    • Hello Everyone, My name is Diane and I have been a taekwondo instructor and coach for the past 8 years in Scarborough, ON.  I have worked with students and parents with a variety of abilities,  disabilities,  and/or challenges.  The past four years I have taught a young girl that is completely deaf but has cochlear implants so we have been able to communicate freely to date.  Recently she has expressed an interest in the high performance (HP) division of our sport which she will be elidable for next year.  Our sport rules say that when she is competing HP she can not use her hearing aids so we will need to find a way to communicate...ASL (and a little secret code )   She also does not know ASL yet.  I am thrilled that the HP divisions have now added a para-athlete division for deafness   so if she wants to, there will be a division that levels the playing field for her.  I am excited to get a head start on learning to communicate with her in new ways as well as with so many others.  While I am a newbie to ASL I do have a *some* abilities with the language.  Additionally I recently started ASL on Lingvano which has been really good.  I am hoping to find others that can help with real conversation practice and feedback.