Sign in to follow this  
BSLnews

Signing Stewardess

A lovely suprise for this couple when they realised that the stewardess on their Philippine Airlines flight could sign!

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see more of this kind of inclusion everywhere. Great customer service.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Could someone show me or explain how you sign the country Jordan?
    • Hi guys I’m Naomi. New to BSL, I’m only 4 months in but I’m really enjoying it. I’ve got 101 this evening, 102 a few days before Christmas and 103 end of Jan. I volunteer at my local deaf club and youth club every week. Not only does it help so much with my signing but it’s great to get to know the deaf community as I hope to work with deaf and hard of hearing people in the future. Just wanted to say hello. 😊
    • Hi there. I have a deaf son but he dosnt use BSL. I also work in a school with hearing impaired unit. I have had the opportunity to learn level 2 at work, and passed. I feel so proud but since passing I don’t seem to be using it as much as I’d like... it seems difficult to find work in my local area working with deaf adults & using level 2 skills
    • Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Graham. I work as a Business Analyst on a Games which makes video games for kids. A big part of this is working to make products accessible to everyone regardless of impediment. Part of my work has led me to want to learn BSL and Makaton, as I want to be able to communicate effectively with as many people through my job as possible. I taught myself finger-spelling, and have learned basic signs through sessions at work. But, I've signed up for the online "Introduction to BSL" course.
    • Hello, everyone!

I'm looking for someone to have conversation practice with via Skype ( once a week for something like 1 hour, if possible).

I recently finished the Online course and now I need to expand my vocabulary and learn how to have an actual conversation.
      If you are interested, please contact me.

Thank you in advance,
      Rada
    • Hi Beccy I'm new to this too, currently studying BSL Level 1.  I have found an app called Sign BSL - it's like a dictionary of videos.  You type the word you need the sign for and a couple of videos appear giving you the answers.  I imagine it'll be great for conversing with your student.   You could also try looking at the Signature website.  Give them a ring and they will tell you where you can go to learn in your area. Hope this helps, Andrea
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker