Describing my Home. (Homework 1)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Little bit about why I'm interested in ASL. I have always wanted to learn signing and did take a class at a church about 10 years ago for a few weeks. My wife has a severe hearing loss of 90% and has wore hearing aids for 47 years. She communicates well when 1 on 1. her loss started at 45% but has gotten worse over the years. She has not been interested in learning ASL. I want to learn it and hopefully can teach her at home since she wont take a college class with me. I am enrolling in a ASL class my self starting in Jan. 2019 . I have been online with a free program "Start ASL". I want to get more exposure show I'm signing up here also.  
    • If you are looking to become an ASL interpreter, you will need to have a bachelors in something.  The governing board for interpreters requires that you have a bachelors in order to sit for the exam. I think that to be a teacher of the deaf you do not have to have a degree in deaf education, but you would need a teaching certificate.
    • Hi, my name is Mell. I'm currently taking an ASL 101 class at Brookdale Community College and I have a project coming up where a partner and I are going to sign a song (A Whole New World from Aladdin). I'm writing out my gloss and have some questions about certain parts. If anyone could help that would be amazing, thank you!
    • I inspected the link it is a legit url, no signs of it being an affiliate link of any sort so I personally don't believe any profiteering would come of this. I'm new here but I think this is a great idea to spread the network of ASL; Allowing more to connect with each other. Thank you in my humble oppinion, this is a fantastic ideal.