• Latest Posts

• I am Cassie, I am interested in BSL as I feel its more useful. I know basic makaton and completed intro course to BSL. I feel sign language or makaton is more important than "modern foreign language" (especially in the case of makaton) as it is more likely students are going to come across hard of hearing/those with difficulty communicating than the chance of going abroad. Bare in mind I am learning French too as me and my friend go to Disneyland Paris once a year, but they mostly speak english
    • Does anyone know of a place that has videos of people doing basic conversational BSL to practice watching and understanding sentences. I have just re-done the BSL introductory course on british-sign and want to continue practicing
    • After getting the opportunity to start learning SASL when I was a Scouter in South Africa, I was keen once we moved to the UK to learn BSL. Once I came across the BSL course it was a no-brainer! I am currently unemployed and bust getting all my ducks in a row to start a career in the Care industry and while sitting waiting for my DBS to come through, I am trying to learn as much as possible from Dementia Awareness to of course BSL. Honestly I have no one in the deaf community that I know bu
    • Hello! I have been living in the UK for 1 year. Prior to that I was born and raised in Johannesburg South Africa. I was involved with Scouts, and ran 1st Kibler Park Sea Scouts as their troop scouter. Through scouts I was given the opportunity to start learning SASL. I didn't get very far but have now embraced the opportunity to learn BSL instead. I am excited to be able to engage with a community that doesn't get enough support from the hearing community. In addition I am starting to
    • Remark! is thrilled to announce the launch of our highly anticipated Signature Level 6 Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting Course this September, and we're extending a warm invitation for YOU to be a part of this incredible journey! So, why should you choose us? Expert Guidance: Our course is led by Andy van Niekerk and Annie O'Shea, alongside esteemed guest teachers who are renowned leaders in the field of sign language interpreting. Flexible Schedule: With weekend sessio
    • Are you eager to enhance your BSL proficiency and unlock advanced communication abilities? You're in luck! We are thrilled to present our exclusive BSL Pre-Level 6 Course, a unique opportunity commencing this June at Remark! Why Choose Remark!? Expert Guidance: Led by the highly skilled and experienced teacher, Ethel Neal, our Pre-Level 6 course offers unparalleled instruction and expertise, instilling confidence as you master advanced BSL skills. Focused Curriculum: Dive in
    • Are you looking to bridge the gap between Level 2 and Level 3 in British Sign Language proficiency? We are excited to introduce our short Pre-Level 3 Sign Language Course, starting this June at Remark! This course is designed as the perfect steppingstone to prepare you for the challenges and nuances of Level 3. Why Choose Remark!? Smooth Transition: We understand the transition from Level 2 to Level 3 can be challenging. Our Pre-Level 3 course is meticulously crafted to ease this tr
    • Hi my name is Emma and I am learning BSL from Australia. I have completed my Diploma of Auslan (Australian Sign Language) and have started learning BSL. If anyone is not a complete beginner and would like to practice that would be great! Australia is approx 9 hours ahead of London time...so hopefully we can find a suitable time:)
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker