Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello, my name is Marie. I have PsA (Psoriatic Arthritis) and am loosing my hearing. I am currently mostly deaf in my left ear but still have my right ear to hear from. I am learning ASl but don't have the money to get tutors or take an actual course so I am taking courses online. I don't have someone I can talk with in ASL so I am having a difficult time learning to read what others are saying when they are using ASL. I have begun to watch videos online and that's helping. I am very happily married and have 2 girls (both 16 but one is my sister and the other my daughter) and 1 boy (he is 9). I love my family and I work at Condom Sense Which is a sex shop and has a smoke and vape shop connected to it and I love my job.

Posted

Hi Marie! 

My name is Melanie. I am a hearing ASL1 student (beginner). I would love to practice with you. My Glide (video messaging app) username is @mmills89. Feel free to add me and chat if you'd like!

  • 7 years later...
Posted

Hi Marie! It’s great that you’re learning ASL and making progress with online resources. I can imagine how challenging it must be to not have someone to practice with, but it’s awesome that you're using videos to help you along. There are also some ASL communities online where people practice with each other via video chat, which might be helpful for you. If you're open to it, you could explore apps or forums that connect ASL learners. Keep going strong with your learning journey! Your job sounds interesting, too—seems like a fun place to work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...