Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello! My name is Jessica, and I have been looking for a d/Deaf/ hard-of-hearing person with whom to conduct an interview for an ASL college assignment. I absolutely understand if you prefer not to participate, but it would help me very much! I am so glad to have found this place and hope to use it for further practice with ASL (I am very much a beginner haha). Thank you so much for your consideration!

The questions I will ask include as follows. I may want to ask more depending on certain answers or areas of uncertainty.

  1. Introduce the person- ( where were they born, what is their family like, where did they grow up)
  2. Explain how they became deaf. (If they were deafened as a child or born deaf.)
  3. Explain what are their biggest challenges ( education, peers, bullying, jobs, communication)
  4. What would they like other people to know about them 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...