Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

     

*Sign on bonus after first week of training and after 90 days*

About Us:

Welcome!  Thank you for exploring a career with Viability! Our team of 400+ dedicated staff members share the desire to do meaningful work and make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, and Oklahoma.

 

Position: Community Living Specialist 1 Full-Time(Fluency in American Sign Language and lived experience with deaf culture required)  

Location: Holyoke, MA *with regular travel to the Berkshires required

Rate of Pay: $16.00 per hour (and $40 biweekly stipend for second language)

Hours: 37.5 hours per week

Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm; occasional nights and weekends, based on programmatic needs

 

Summary: The Community Living Specialist 1 provides direct outreach services to individuals with disabilities to enable them to achieve greater independence. Develops and maintains positive working relationships that assist consumers in achieving self-fulfillment through their life goals and desires. Must be fluent in ASL.

 

Qualifications: 

  • High School/GED plus 3 years related experience OR Associate’s degree plus 1 year related experience and/or training
  • Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, use of vehicle and willingness to transport participants in personal vehicle

 

Benefits:

Viability offers an excellent benefits package including competitive pay (in the last 6 months we recognized and rewarded our staff with incentive pay, a pay increase, gift cards and a holiday gift), excellent insurance, employer matching retirement and a strong focus on work/life balance. 

How to Apply:

 

To apply, please see the Careers section of our website at VIABILITY.org

 

Viability is an equal opportunity workplace. We believe our strength lies in embracing our differences through a respectful, inclusive, collaborative environment. Viability provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process.

 

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...