Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all, 

I hope this message finds you all well. I am new here, and excited to continue my ASL journey. My fiancé and I have a 1 year old going on 2 in a couple months, and when she was born I took a particular interest in the effectiveness of communicating with babies via sign language as a conduit for enhancing our little girls ability to convey her her emotions and intent. My knowledge is rudimentary, but we have decided we would like to become fluent in order to raise our daughter to have the same skill. We hope to impart the value of mastering skills like language and communication in all its forms, so she can have a positive impact with anyone she encounters in life.  

 

I look forward to sharing our journey to a better understanding of something new, and through the process of learning a better understanding of ourselves. 

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...