Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just popping in to say hi. 

My name is Darla I'm from Michigan but originally from Ohio.  Married almost 25 years and mom of twin boys who will be 22 in a few months. 

Im currently 48 and have been hard of hearing all my life but have never learned ASL.  Now thanks to the internet and increased ASL information and tutorials available online I just started to learn. 

I've always wanted to learn but never did as life got the in the way or I felt insecure (never liked to try new things or something out of the norm as afraid someone would make fun of me - which stems from being made fun of by other kids when growing up). But I just figure there is always a reason we never know of and it just feels that now is the right time.  So I'm learning 👍🏻

I found this forum and am hoping that when I have questions someone can help me out.  

Right now I know some words and can finger spell. It's slow but it's progress after only 4 days.  My current question bugging me is if in the middle of signing I realize I goofed up used incorrect sign what do I do to basically say I made that in error or I goofed up?  In speech you just correct yourself, on TTY or relay you type *** so what do I do when signing? 

Thanks.. 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • When several deadlines come together, students can easily feel overwhelmed and start searching for ways to do my assignment. However, learning how to plan the research and organize ideas can make academic work much easier to manage. This article offers some useful suggestions for approaching difficult coursework in a more organized way. Definitely an informative read for students.
    • Writing a thesis can be challenging when research, critical analysis, referencing, and academic deadlines all need careful attention. Students working on complex research projects may find Thesis writing services useful for organising their ideas, reviewing drafts, and improving the structure and clarity of their academic work.
    • Originality and accurate referencing are important when preparing academic research. Students looking for plagiarism free dissertation help should consider services that focus on original writing, proper citations, proofreading, and careful editing. A reliable provider can also help improve the structure and presentation of a dissertation while ensuring that sources are appropriately acknowledged. Checking the provider’s quality standards and revision policy can help students choose suitable academic support for their research project.
    • At Faisalabad Fabric Store Canada, we bring 15 years of wholesale experience and our own in-house manufacturing to our linen collection. We already supply several boutique owners across Canada, from Toronto and Mississauga to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Surrey. Linen is the fabric Canadian South Asian shoppers move to once lawn season ends, and we keep our production and stock built around that shift, so your store doesn’t have a gap between summer and winter collections. Wholesale Pakistani Linen Suits
×
×
  • Create New...