Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

image.gif.a76948e2bb017afac9f57b4e5b7e5990.gif


❤️ Hi there! I'm Michael. You'll probably notice pretty quickly that I enjoy using GIF images. 😊 Hopefully, they're useful to somebody out there besides me just having fun creating them. haha

------------

❤️ About me...

When I was three years old, my younger brother became sick with spinal meningitis (Wikipedia link). In the process, my brother became deaf with an almost complete hearing loss. This difficult situation provided a unique opportunity for my family and I to become fluent in American Sign Language (ASL). My brother was not sent away to a deaf or hard of hearing school. He grew up with us, his hearing family, and we were active in the Deaf community.

As a former police officer and federal investigator, I often used ASL to communicate with and serve members of the Deaf community. Currently, I create simple, step-by-step ASL courses, books, downloads, etc for Able Lingo ASL (my website).

My ASL journey continues to evolve and there's always something new to learn. I'm fluent in 4 languages: English, ASL, Spanish, Indonesian. It fascinates me how learning is a never-ending journey of improvement. The more I think I know, the more I find out I don't know. 😊 What a journey.

------------

❤️ I first noticed this Sign Language Forum website a few years ago and thought it was pretty neat. I finally got around to setting up a profile and posting something. So here it is.

I hope you guys are having a wonderful day. Wherever you are in your ASL journey, I wish you all the best. I'm sending positive vibes your way. 👍

image.gif.42d5cbc2b7e21996a4292238c18806fb.gif

 

image.thumb.gif.2ae14bffb721efe47ef44c1082c1f782.gif

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...