Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

My name is Tammy and I am in a relationship with a deaf person who reads lips very well, I have been trying to  learn sign but I  really need to  interact  to get it down.. I am a beginner but have been studying alot and doing videos and apps.. I am hoping to  be able to  get some interaction  in the deaf community or w others that are learning as well.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Hi Tammy. Hello Richard. I'm new to the site as well. I agree that interaction is a key element to mastering ASL. If there is any level between knowing nothing and being a beginner, that's where I fall on the spectrum. I'm in Eastern Daylight Time zone. My email is [email protected]. Feel free to reach out, and maybe we can set something up

Edited by RalphJ
I wanted to correct an error in my grammar.
  • 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

image.gif.4893488afbfbd78ee25fd547592aeb78.gif

 That’s beautiful, Tammy. Your dedication to learning and connecting more deeply is powerful. Keep showing up—every sign you learn is a step toward love and understanding.

Here's a useful sign that might be applicable to your situation. 😊

image.gif.90b8345fffdd964fd6cfffd0807629d2.gif


❤️ Have a beautiful day!

- Michael (Able Lingo)


image.thumb.gif.57d7c912a5191aec604532e652a75d17.gif

 

Edited by Michael - Able Lingo ASL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...