Sign in to follow this  
Kel

Introducing....me!

Hi I am Kel and I am a student teacher. With the lockdown I am here at home and in between my coursework I had the opportunity to study BSL. I have wanted to learn sign language for years and so when the opportunity arose, I jumped at it. I am working through the units and my 12 yo is joining in with me too. What an amazing language to learn, I am loving it so far! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I think that is a wonderful reason for doing this course.  
    • I have just started the online course and had been meaning to do it for a while.  I wanted to learn as I am a teacher and it is such a useful skill to have to be able to communicate more widely.  I think I will be teaching my class to sign soon! Jean
    • Hi Rubes123 I think thats great.. good luck at uni.   
    • Hi, My name is Andy and I work as a CSI for the police. I am learning BSL as I tend to deal with incidents such as burglaries where the victims are elderly and vulnerable. On occasion they will be deaf so signing could help me to communicate with them and help them in what is usually a really upsetting time. Even the finger spelling so far and basic questions will be a massive leap. Really excited.
    • Hi everyone!  I've always wanted to learn BSL as it's such a useful skill to have. I am going to uni in September so if I were to meet a deaf person, I would now feel much more confident and excited to use the BSL I have been learning.  Hope everyone is staying safe :)
    • Haha i was the same. Put it up on Facebook and told family and you should as it is an amazing achievement  Yes it feels like going in new and blind almost for me too. No we dont have any training to do but heard layout going to completely change operating of the day and just so unknown. Not helped by fact i support a student in my job with epilepsy and her seizures are triggered by anxiety nervousness etc so me and her family who im very close to are worried. What is it you do again? 
    • Well, thank you for the vote of confidence, when I get my certificate I will be framing it and showing it off to everybody I know haha 😂 But seriously, congrats again on acing the final exam. Well deserved.   I'm not surprised you're nervous about heading back, I know for me it's definitely going to feel like I'm starting a new job when I eventually get the go ahead to go back in. Just curious, but do you have to take any additional health and safety course or additional training befor
    • Thank you so much!! ❤ Was so happy and relieved as they do throw in a few tricky ones but yea got my certificate printed out and currently on my desk! Im sure you will smash it when the time comes as well Aww the work situation with everything here is so hard atm.. im supposed to be returning as a classroom assistant in Bangor at end of August and feeling quite nervous about how different its going to be. Hope stuff with your family is okay. Im here if ever want to chat or can pm thro
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker