Sign in to follow this  
Emmabsl1973

Looking to improve my BSL

Hi,

My name is Emma and I am Level 3 qualified in BSL... I passed my exam 6 years ago but to be honest have hardly used it since.  I'm not starting to think about putting it to good use, but have no idea where to start.  

I struggle with confidence and feel that I would need to start back at the beginning before I could put myself up for work.  Does anyone out there have any advice on how I could build on this?  Also thoughts on the best way to get in to work, and how I can improve my BSL/English translation, placement etc...

Any thoughts/advice would be really welcomed.

Many thanks

Emma

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hello, I'm new to BSL just started the online course and want to practice so will hopefully become a regular here!
    • This video/dvd, help fingerspelling remember from 1st class. 
    • Hi there!   I'm trying to translate the following sentences into BSL: "In the first lesson, you learnt how to fingerspell. This video is to help you revise it." I'm not quite sure what that would look like, but this is what I have so far: "In our first lesson, fingerspell you learn how. This video you help fingerspelling you revise how." I'm pretty sure this is wrong, but I really need the grammar to be perfect. This is for a school project where I decided to invent a BSL teaching method whilst teaching it myself. Quite odd, I know.   Any help would be greatly appreciated
    • hi I'm just doing my sign language level 2 looking to purchase DVDs but doing know where to look
    • Hi!    I’d love to practice some BSL with you, i’m currently studying level 1 
    • Hello folks   I've done a bit of research into various level 1 courses and I'm finding it all very confusing, plus the cost differences are amazing.  What is the best way for a complete beginner to learn BSL?  Is it ok to do the online level 1 then go onto level 2 in a class, or is it better to do the class from level 1 so one gets the hand forms correct? I'm thinking of doing a taster session first and see how I get on, then do level 1, or is it possible to skip that level and go into level 2 if you know the hand forms?   I've seen courses at Universities (Kings is £310 each part, with level 1 divided into 3 parts and as such it's a costly £930 for the complete course), compared to the online BSL course of £20.  Then the local adult education does something called the prelevel 1s and 2s at £126 and £158.   Please help, I'm on a minimum wage so can't afford the huge cost of some of these course.  If I like the BSl I hope to take it further through the courses, so a long journey (I presume to level 6).   I     
    • Hello everyone,   This is my first post in the forum so please be gentle.   I'm a mature student with an interest in learning BSL from level 1 upwards.  I'm finding all the courses really confusing, so I'm hoping coming here will help.     I have lots of questions, so I better have a look see where to put them al,l before making this post too long.   Nice to meet you all   Purdy.
    • I was really hoping someone with more knowledge would answer this, expect you've done this by now, but anyway here's what I think (please correct me anyone?!) So the question in English would be 'What did you have for breakfast?' ( did implies 'this morning') or; 'What do you have for breakfast?' (do implies 'usually') But there are no tenses in BSL, so you give the timeframe first: 'This morning [or usually] breakfast you eat what?' I'm fairly sure of that part, the answer, less certain, 'This morning, Breakfast I toast eat' - at least I think it's that order, not 'eat toast', because the example of sentence order I often see is 'the cat tree climbs': Subject; object; verb - if you were drawing a picture you wouldn't draw the cat climbing, before giving it a tree to climb.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker