Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi there my name is Andrew Stephen Luck and I’m a Musician and Artizan called @LuckyRedStarZMusic on Instagram and people call me 🔴Red🔴x 

I learnt sign language in a part-time course in college over 10 years ago. I have forgotten much of the signs now and I decided to learn them again.

i have been Registered Disabled myself over 20 years and I have mental health. Yet even though I was diagnosed with Bipolar in my early 20’s and given the Registered Disabled ♿️ Status I did not let it stop me and afterwards I travelled in 36 countries solo - I have been to 47 countries in total in 6 continents. I learnt to speak 11 languages and now I am adding sign language and trying to learn other languages as well- I have bits of 26 different languages that I learnt along the way in different countries. 
I lived on 2 islands in Asia with Buddhist people and was surrounded by friends,but sadly every time I returned to the uk 🇬🇧 I was alone most of the time. People back home 🏡 exclude Disabled people on purpose a lot.The National Average is only 1 in every 10 people even know a Disabled person. 
I had so much time alone so I learnt things to fill the time-I can play many musical instruments now.

i have been very inspired by Evelyn Glennie who is herself hard of hearing 🧏‍♀️ but plays music from the vibrations-much like Beethoven did. 
She said the wooden Xylophone is the most resonant and the ear drum picks up the vibrations making it possible to learn and play! 
 

I think everyone should learn sign language and I think my favorite sign is the Vulcan 🖖🏻 Live Long And Prosper sign - I remember learning it as a kid and pushing my fingers into the right place until I could do it - I have learnt the Vulcan words as well “Diff Tor Hey Smusma = Live Long And Prosper “ LoL 😂 and they answer “Prosper and Live Long = Smusma Hey Diff Tor” and repeat the sign back! 🚀 

 

All the best to all - I think I answered all the questions in one post ! Oh Well ! 
 

All the best to Everyone! I’m having fun learning the signs on www.BritishSignLanguage.co.uk

i’m in lesson 4 already and I am sending friends to it and I posted the link on my page! 
 

thank you 🙏🏻 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

    • Hi Mark, I hope you're enjoying the BSL Level course. The Scottish Sensory Centre website is great for science and technology signs: https://www.ssc.education.ed.ac.uk/BSL/ Melanie
    • Few spaces left on our next BSL Level 1 Evening course with Kat.   Starting in October 2026, running for 18 weeks.   For more details, visit our website: www.remark.uk.com/bsl-courses/level-1-thursday-eve-oct-2026   Let’s start your BSL journey with Remark!   #BSL #Level1 #BritishSignLanguage
    • Few spaces left on our next BSL Level 1 Evening course with John.   Starting in September 2026, running for 22 weeks.   For more details, visit our website: www.remark.uk.com/bsl-courses/level-1-tues-eve-sept-2026   Let’s start your BSL journey with Remark!   #BSL #Level1 #BritishSignLanguage
    • Hi all, I've just started a BSL Level 1 course, and next week we're going to sign about work. I'm trying to work out in advance how to sign what I do, but struggling a bit, so I hope the community here can help. I'm a Satellite Communications Engineer (communications as in telecommunications). Looking on SignBSL there are multiple signs for satellite. I rather like the one with the dominant hand index finger orbiting a closed fist, as it invokes the satellite rather than the dishes. I'm struggling to work out how to sign Communications (in the telecom sense). Engineer seems fairly straightforward, fingers on both hands meshed and rotating like cog-wheels. Any advice as how best to sign my job please? Obviously, I'll discuss it with my teacher too, but would like to have some idea before the class if I can. Many thanks! 
    • Hi  My name is Julie. I have been fortunate enough to be able to access the British Sign Language course via Nerve Tumours UK, a national charity which provides support and advice for families living with Neurofibromatosis. I was diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 2 (NF2) in 1994 when I was 30 years old. I am fortunate to be mildly affected by the condition with only slight hearing loss in my right ear following surgery 30 years ago. I have made many friends over the years who are profoundly deaf and I have always wanted to learn but never had the time or opportunity. Learning about this course through the charity gave me the impetus to set aside the time to learn. I want to be able to communicate with my friends and family and future proof my life if I lose my hearing further down the line. I am finding it quite hard to set aside the quiet time to learn as we are in the process of relocating to Devon, but I am determined to succeed.
    • Hi there, I am Hannah-Mae and I am enjoying learning more sign language. I grew up with a partially deaf sister, and now my Dad is profoundly deaf. It always struck me how isolating the world still is for the deaf community. I unfortunately will be blind in a few years time but I know that both people's attitudes and modern living is much more accommodating of visual impairments than hearing ones. Because people don't see it they don't consider it. I work in communications for a charity, and am pushing for more sign language inclusion. All our videos have subtitles as standard but we can go further both on recorded and live events. I also am really behind BSL in the curriculum. Whilst I can still see I want to help make it so that the communities we live in are more inclusive.  
    • try the three versions i sometimes see being used
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

    (top 10 - past 24hrs)

  • Fingerspelling Animation Maker

×
×
  • Create New...