Sign in to follow this  
jacob5

Introduce myself

I have wanted to learn sign language for a number of years so this year i signed up for a course that was due to start in May. Due to the current situation the course is going to be canclled and moved back. So i signed up for this course online. I am about 10 days in and enjoying the course so far...Challenging at times but all good!! It will be of big use to me as in my schools there is a HI department and i want HI pupils included in as many sports as possible whilst with me, that is what this course is important to me

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I believe the sentence structure would be "like you rugby" with a questioning expression.   "Like" is tap twice on the chest with flat primary hand, "you" is point to the person, then "rugby" is mime throwing a rugby ball. All this is covered in lesson 3 or 4 I think. The hobbies/likes/dislikes lesson.   HTH
    • I would love to be helpful and I work in a shop where I have had interactions with quite a few deaf customers who obviously use sign language with their family but i'd love to be able to sign to them so that their shopping experience was more inclusive. 
    • Hello!  My name is Emma, I have always wanted to learn BSL since I read a book 'A Quiet Kind of Thunder' when I was younger that featured deaf and BSL speakers. I had set it as my new year resolution many years on the trot without commitment or means to complete the resolution. I'm 19, I do English Lit and Lang at Uni and because I do a joint degree I can't take the elective in BSL that is offered at my uni. Then lockdown began and I have started an online course and I'm very much enjoying
    • Hi my name is Lucy, i thought it would be good for me to learn sign language during lockdown.I wear hearing aids and i was really interested in learning sign language:)
    • Hi I'm Alice!  I am learning BSL to help communicate to more people!
    • Hello, my names Megan I am hoping to study Adult Nursing in September and I decided to start learning BSL during lock down as it will likely come in handy and help me interact more inclusively with everyone I meet and benefit me when helping people in the future. 
    • Hi everyone, my name is Marie-Anne and I am a pharmacy student. 
    • Hello,  I am from near hull and I wondered if anyone knew the sign for it as it doesn’t appear on the course I am doing.    thanks ! 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker