Hi there!

I'm Lucy, and I started this course a few weeks ago. I've wanted to learn sign language to keep myself occupied during lockdown, but also I'm an author and I'm writing a book where the main character is deaf and sometimes uses bsl, so I want to portray her as accurately as possible, and figured there was no harm in me learning in the process! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi there! I am a primary school teacher and have worked with children who are hard of hearing and children who are non-verbal. I found that learning basic signs helped me better connect with these students and that is why I wanted to study sign language. I am really enjoying the online course. I am looking forward to teaching my year 4 students to recognise and communicate using BSL.
    • Friday at 4pm suit?
    • Hi Mark, I did wait, but I guess you're busy today. Im free this friday if you have some time.  Otherwise let me know if u have a time available next week
    • It is really nicety relearn it and it could come / prove use at any point in my life. I so far have really enjoyed relearning what I have learn't so far.
    • Hi I am Jade and I am 20. I use to know sign language when I was younger as I was born partially deaf. I have fogotton most of it since then apart from Fingerspelling the alphabet. it is really nice to re learn it and hopefully use it.
    • Hello Adam. I have just seen this post, I see you posted it 4 years ago so this may be difficult to answer. But what was your conclusion? Did you complete BSL Level 1 after completing the Introducing British Sign Language by british-sign.co.uk? Or did you move straight to Level 2?
    • Hi, I'm Bethan. I'm learning BSL because I'm a trainee primary school teacher and think it's so important for a classroom to be accessible to all. I also would love to teach pupils in my class BSL. I've been meaning to learn BSL for such a long time and lockdown has given me the chance to spend the time on it. I'm really loving the challenge. It's nice to learn something new and be excited about it 
    • It's been something I've wanted to learn for a while now, but previously to my work being temporarily shut due to the country being put in lockdown, I didn't feel I had the time to dedicate to fully completing a course. As that was no longer the case after everything happened, the opportunity presented itself to me perfectly so I knew I had to do it. Not only did I want to learn for myself because I'm constantly trying to develop new skills, but I also knew it was something which would help me i
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker