Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hi everyone, I hope your all well. My actual name is Dawn, but it had already been used, so I opted for Dolphin as that is my nickname at work. I like swimming in the sea, weather permitting. I started the course during the second lockdown, but have only just plucked up the courage to join the forum, as I am not very good on computers and on line learning. Evening classes at college I found easier and more social to learn, but I am giving this a go. Well at least until we can go back to the old fashioned way of attending a college. Having completed a course many many years ago and then not using it, I decided it was time to have a go again. Also in my job with customers who come in to the Post Office and need help, who may be hard of hearing or completely deaf, I felt useless. Taking this course, I hope will help them to feel more comfortable when coming in to use the services.    
    • Hi, My name is Yvonne, I have always been interested in learning BSL and lockdown has given me the opportunity and time to do just that. Happy signing everyone!
    • Hi everyone, My name is Jess and I'm 15, i always wanted to learn BSL and my friends have been learning too. I thought that during lockdown, it would be the best time to take the course online. I won't lie, I'm not very good, I can sign the basic things like 'thank you' and i can sign numbers, but I really wanted to learn and be able to communicate with the deaf community through BSL. I aim to finish the course and use BSL more when communicating with people. Thanks everyone!
    • Hello my name is Alexander! I am 16 years old and I am learning sign language because I want to work with children with disabilities when I am older. I have had a lot of work experience from volunteering at my school SSE. I’ve wanted to learn sign language so I can communicate better with the children I may work with in the future or in the present. 
    • Hi, I am mum to an 18 month old who has bilateral hearing loss so this is the main reason for learning BSL in order to allow us a way of communicating when she doesn't have her aids in.  Apart from being mum I am a neonatal nurse in NICU, so although it doesn't directly help my job it certainly will make things easier if we have any deaf parents in the unit.  
    • Hiya, I am learning BSL as my daughter who is 18 months old is deaf and wears bilateral hearing aids. I wanted to learn sign language in order to teach her it as she grows so we have a form of communication when she is not wearing her aids for example in the bath, or in the pool (whenever that may be again due to covid lol ).
    • Recently changed a corporate engineering career to Health & Social care. Currently supporting people with Learning disabilities and thought BSL would be a great addition to help with service users.
    • Thanks for getting back to me. Just wanted to check as I know there are many signs the same sue  
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker