Sign in to follow this  
Aleks Mihaylova

Introduction

Hello. my name is Aleksandra. I am from Bulgaria but live in the UK for the past 7 years. 

Learning Sign Language has always been something I have wanted to do since being a child. My childhood's best friend's parents were using Sign Language as a main language to communicate. I was always feeling out of place when I go around their house, not able to communicate with them. With time I learned enough to communicate on a basic level but didn't feel like this was enough. 

Since BSL is different from Bulgarian Sign Language I am starting from scratch now. It gives me such a great pleasure learning it and I am so excited to know that one day I will be able to freely communicate. Or at least I really hope i will be able to. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I'm more than a little hesitant about using the sign for "thank you" during this... unique procession of events... I find myself feeling uncomfortable bringing my hands anywhere near my mask, and I feel more than a little embarrassed by what it might look like to another person doing so. I've kinda defaulted to signing yes, which seems to get the point across at shops and what not, but I also think it might come across as a little rude? I'm kinda new to signing frequently, prior to people wearin
    • I am learning BSL to support a child in my care and to build on my professional development
    • Hello everyone my name is Abigail and I am a newbie
    • 👋🏻 Hello  I've just started learning BSL, I've always thought that BSL should have been an option when learning languages at school. I don't have anyone in my immediate circle who uses BSL but I have always wanted to learn. I'm part of an additional needs parenting group and a few of their children use sign language, because they're either deaf or struggle to communiate verbally.  I am currently not working so thought now the kids are back to school I'd make the most of my time and lea
    • Hi! I’m Lauren and i’m a beginner. I’m 19 years and am ideally trying to find some people to talk to who i can practice with! I struggle to solidify my knowledge because i don’t have any practice opportunities! 
    • Hi Emily, i’m 19, so almost 20 but not quite! I would love to talk, i really need to practice more!! 
    • Firstly an apology ... I never quite got round to joining in ... but if these are still going it would be good to join in. when are the sessions now? Vanessa
    • Hi, if you do this again I would be interested, if that is alright? Thanks you, Georgia 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker