Hey, I'm Holly (sometimes Holligark) and I'm learning BSL because I think it's a fantastic form of communication and I think its so important to be able to reach out to people in as many ways as possible. Ideally...I want to interpret hip/hop artists in BSL because I think music transcends so many boundaries and its so important for everyone to be able to access it. I think hip/hop is a form of energy release that everyone should be able to tap into, its raw and truthful, I think that is a message easily translated for the deaf community using expressive body language, and I would like to be part of that! :D

Also I love to dance, and I think including BSL in my dancing would be wicked!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Aiming to practice and improve my sign language!
    • Teaching myself BSL whilst working around university 
    • Can someone please help me with the order of signing. Yesterday I went swimming Would it be ....Yesterday (time) swimming (topic) I went (comment) or Would you just sign.....I went swimming yesterday Many thanks sue
    • hello i am julie from sunderland 
    • hello i am julie  i am 41 and live in sunderland tyne and wear i am waning to learn BSL because my husband is profoundly deaf and my son has  severe learning problems  \speech problems \medical problems \understanding problems\and communication problems \ and we have been told from cahms that my son needs to learn BSL to help him as well  
    • I everyone, I hope you are all keeping safe and sane. I have signed up to this course to help my change in career. I lost my business due to covid and I am retraining to be a TA. Eventually I want to be in special education and gain a degree in BSL.
    • Hi all, I tried twice now to learn BSL but both attempts had fallen through, though I'm determined to get back to it. There's very little opportunity to use it in my day to day life as until now I've never been exposed to the Deaf community and ways of practice seemed few and far between.  This year however I started volunteering at an urban farm charity that focuses on educating children and special needs groups, we're often used as a school trip location for younger children. Our signs all have BSL on them for the animals, and one of the boss's kids is hard of hearing and uses sign language a lot when he's around. He's very sweet but I felt a crippling guilt when he started offering signs to me I wasn't familiar with, and he in turn didn't have the vocal capacity to explain what he was signing to me. I'm now determined to get back to learning it so that I can communicate with him better and maybe to stop him from feeling like he's talking to a brick wall (AKA me), and when we reopen after the next lockdown, perhaps I can have a bit more vocabulary up my sleeve to offer more communication opportunities for any other guests who use BSL.
    • Hope everyone is staying safe and are doing well to navigate their way through this season we are in. I was wondering if anyone was doing zoom groups to practice or if anyone lived near to kingswinford in the west midlands to meet up, socially distancing of course, again to practice once the restrictions were eased a little. Would like to practice, not long started and I am currently in school at work but don't want to loose what I have learned so far. thanks xx
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker