Hi, my name is Beverley.  I work at a preschool and work 1:1 with a little boy with downs syndrome.  He is nearly 4 years and is non verbal.  I am learning BSL to help me to communicate with him.  He signs about 85 words himself, but is mainly using them as single words, when he notices an animal in a book etc.  We are working on developing him to use one or two words to communicate his needs, ie Yes or No to a banana etc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hi Kieran, Try typing into google local deaf club/cafe in your local area and see if any come up. I have tried local to me. Many places are still closed due to lock down. Best of luck
    • Do you know how I would find a local BSL group?
    • Hello everyone! I am an artist, social entrepreneur, and coach based in London, born in the Philippines. I've always been interested in inclusion and accessibility. A few months ago came across some very inspiring videos about ASL. These got me interested in learning more about sign language and opened up a whole new world to me. I've been doing some research on sign language these past few months and have finally started to learn BSL since I live in the UK. I am multilingual (been learning my fourth language this past year), and my background in dance gets me really excited to be able to communicate with others through signing and movement.    Looking forward to learning and practicing together!
    • I am learning BSL, as I think communication is so important. Although I do not know any one who communicates through BSL, I am hoping that sometime in the future it pays off, and I will be able to hold a conversation.
    • Hi,  During the first lockdown I signed up for a BSL course, but never got further than the first topic (the alphabet). I have decided to retry learning sign language, and thought it would be great to say hello to everyone. Have a great weekend
    • I graduated university during last years lockdown, and as someone who is hard of hearing in one ear BSL has always been something I've been interested in learning. As I've had a lot of free time since leaving uni (graduate job hunt is hard at the moment!!), I'm focusing my efforts into becoming as skilled as I can be in BSL. I really enjoy it and I hope that it might open up a new career path for me. Though, I am a newbie to it, so any tips, tricks and help you can send my way would be really appreciated! 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker