You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hiya, my name's Phoebe and I've only just joined! I work in healthcare and have been hard of hearing since birth, being profoundly deaf in my left ear. I see a lot of patients and staff (including myself) struggle with communication barriers in healthcare, especially lately with masks making this even harder. It's taken me a long time to realise that despite not being completely deaf I can still be a part of the deaf community, and so I've been educating myself and trying to learn BSL for the la
    • HI Flic.  Its great to read this. I wish you all the best with your BSL adventure.  I am  so confused as to why when i am in hospital , The Royal National Nose Ears and Throat Hospital, for procedures on my ear, that  it is impossible to communicate with the doctor or any of the nurses because i am deaf with out my hearing aids,  and not one of them can use BSL  and i have been going there for many years!  Its great to see the younger generation taking part in correcting this.  Thank you.  Take
    • Hi Nataliebee.  Its great to read this as i am very hard of hearing myself and always have a lot of trouble at the dentist.  I have been going to my appointments there for years, and always tell her,  but unfortunately she just keeps talking to me from behind with a mask on! we get by somehow but it would be so much easier if her or the dental nurse, who is usually in front of me, could sign.  With people like yourself around we have hope for the future.  Yes i totally agree that BSL should be t
    • Hey guys I'm Flic and I am 18 years old. I am hoping to study medicine at university soon and think it is so important to integrate more BSL into healthcare to insure it is entirely accesible to everyone and inclusive! I have only been learning for a couple weeks so am new to it all! but loving every moment so far. I would love to find someone to practice with who has alot of patience! 
    • My grandaughter had delayed speech as a toddler and is currently under investigation for Autism/ADHD and has a severe stutter so I am hoping that if I can sign (and teach her to sign as well) it will help her to communicate better and aid her speech as well as give us both an extra skill.
    • Hi all  I'm Kate (aka Roz) from Kent and a grandmother of a child who had delayed speech and possible Autism or ADHD.
    • Hi everyone My name is Ruth and I am a special needs teaching assistant and I have wanted to learn sign language for a while. Lockdown has given me the ideal opportunity to practice and learn a new a skill. I love people and connecting with them and i would love to be able to communicate with the deaf community. It is such an expressive and beautiful language to learn I hope I get to put it into practice one day. This also adds to my skill set and cv for the future. I look forward to learning an
    • Does anyone know of any resources for signing Ring a Rosies? I've checked google, Youtube and Instagram and all I can find is Makaton.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker