Hello :)

I'm Aisling (sign name: Irish) and this summer I completed BSL Level 1 but since the course was going to move to another, further away location and my anxiety was getting worse I wasn't able to continue on to Level 2. I'm still fairly adamant about learning though and suddenly got a brainwave that there was likely a forum about it. I'm hoping that maybe I'll get some support in trying to learn from home, with barely any contact with BSL speakers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hey Sue, Off course, once again more SSE,    "Title Face-facebook we were friends, good friends, now we don't talk anymore, but I still know your face, see your family, every year reminded of your birthday, bringing back memories, both good and bad. We don't talk anymore, but I still like you. your a footprint in my sand, I hope I'm a good footprint in yours. thank-you for watching, any comments type them out, say them sign them, I would love to hear, to listen, thank-you"
    • Hey this is voice on, so I do talk it through, but the sound is a bit iffy Its SSE, and I couldn't find a sign skull... I remember Dinning where theater Skiing across Canada Exploring old broken ships. I remember the sound of violins, drums, guitar the look of changing seasons the feel of mud between my toes, getting everywhere I remember a church full of skulls calling out their names why? their stories to be told    
    • Hi my name is Marnie , I am currently on furlough and decided to do a course. I choose to do BSL course as we have a regular  customer who comes into my work who is deaf , and I had some very basic knowledge . So I thought I would like to expand my knowledge and be able to communicate  with this customer more and anyone else. I am enjoying doing the course and have be teaching my 2year old granddaughter a few signs , especially when she is colouring which helps me as well.  I find when out walking my dogs I will be practicing or if I hear a word I will be fingerspelling it .
    • Hi, I’m Tammy from near Bristol. I began to lose my hearing at the age of 40, now I have grandchildren who are learning BSL at school, I thought it was about time I learned too.
    • hi im liz   i am a single mum with 3 sons i trained as a teaching assistant and have always wanted to learn B.S.L to be able to broaden my teaching ability.
    • Hello! My name is Ella and I currently live and work in London. One of the very first things that I have absolutely loved about living in London is the experience of so many different cultures, which obviously includes languages. I have always wanted to be fluent in at least one other language and have never done anything about it - now is that time! I work in a customer facing role and I don't see that changing any time in the near future - even if it does, any role will require communication with others. I have always felt ashamed that I haven't bothered to learn another language properly and BSL seems so neglected that it seems like a good place to put wrongs to rights. Rather than a verbal language that always makes me embarrassed with accents and annunciation, I suddenly decided to learn BSL! I believe if I can get confidence in this then I will be more inclined to not use embarrassment as an excuse anymore and broaden my horizons - proving I can still learn another skill!
    • Me Again, Love to understood it all. Please translate Sue  
    • Hello Lola, I understood some of what you are signing. Is it possible to write it aswell please. Many thanks Sue  
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker