Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I just completed the BSL introductory course online and thought I would introduce myself, as suggested.  I would like to do more online BSL courses and find a way to practise online with others.    
    • Hi Sarge. I see a lot of posts here have no replies so I'd like to buck that trend. I hope you enjoy coming to the UK. I'm autistic like most of my family. My little brother is autistic too and has learning difficulties and we used to sign with him. That's probably where we began. We started with Makaton and then desired to learn a proper language, then learnt SSE, and now I'm learning BSL proper. BSL is such a wonderfully expressive language that says more quicker than many English words could.
    • I've lots of reasons for learning and am interested to meet people who have similar interests to share vocabulary Im a GP and I want to make my practice more inclusive. I'll still need interpreters, of course, but I'd like to be able to make it more accessible for people to communicate their needs without booking on or relying on an app Im a Scout leader and work with another leader who is Deaf and signs. We already sign together and hope to provide more opportunity for young peo
    • Oh, and I'm autistic and play dungeons and dragons, which means I have loads more vocabulary to develop in the field of neurodiversity and fantasy games!
    • Hi all, New to the forum (obviously). I'm a GP in Wales. I learnt for several years a few decades ago before education moved properly away from SSE towards BSL so I am having one to one lessons as my vocabulary is better than my language structure, and then hope to slot back into a group. My motivations are manifold: I am a GP and want to make my practice more inclusive to Deaf people. I am a scout leader and work with another leader who is Deaf and signs (again, he is older like me so
    • I wrote in my previous post introducing myself my reasons for wanting to learn so I'll just repeat what I wrote there: I am learning to help my younger brother express himself better and speak to d/Deaf people in a way they may find more comfortable.
    • Hello, My name is Sarge. I am a recent high school graduate heading to the UK for university at the end of the year. I've started learning BSL to keep my mind active over the hols as well as hopefully help my autistic younger brother communicate better. I've seen online that sign language may help children like him express themselves and I think this is very important, and being able to converse with d/Deaf in a way they may feel more comfortable with is a huge plus.  Thank you, S
    • Job Advertisement Job Title: Course Coordinator Location: Central London Accountable to: Head of Services Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday,   between the hours of 9am – 6pm) Salary: £27,352 – £31,000 (based on experience) Applying: Robert Morgan [email protected] Closing date: 17th July 2024 Deaf people are encouraged to apply. Remark! Training provide outstanding BSL Training from Level 1 to full interpreter status, including ref
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker