hi everyone, my names Adrian, currently studying level 3 bsl in northern Ireland, I have a profoundly deaf little boy, five years old with cochlear implants, and have been learning bsl from the day we found out he was deaf, he loves signing and is just the best little dude I know, anyway just to say hi all!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• I have recently begun working with a little girl I adore who has magic ears (hearing aids) and others I would love to communicate with and support, whilst also learning this skill as I would like to further my career working with children.
    • Hello, My name is Sasha and I have worked with children of all ages for over 10yrs working in nurseries and as a childminder/nanny. I have always had an interest in learning BSL as I learnt a few makaton signs and BSL signs whilst working and supporting SEN children. I would like to continue to gain more skills with BSL and challenge myself to learn whilst helping others.
    • Hi there, I had hearing difficulties when I was younger & was taught the basics but decided to take it further & started the course a few days ago. I have always wanted to begin a course, but working Mum of twins time never seemed to allow it, on second week of self isolating with my girls we decided self improvement was our best chance of survival & I think so important for myself & girls to be able to communicate on as many levels as possible, so here we are! x
    • Hi everyone!  I am a final year dental student who will hope to start work in August time. I have started learning British Sign Language to enable me to communicate better with patients who use BLS as their first language! I think if all health professionals learnt this, our system could be much improved and patients can feel more comfortable when attending their doctor, dentist, nurse etc! Intrigued to hear everyone's thoughts on the website. Personally, I think the online course is fantas
    • I'm a primary school teacher currently teaching reception/ year 1. I distinctly remember sign language in Guides and still remember finger spelling but wanted to learn more- lockdown was the perfect opportunity! I hope to be able to learn enough to become confident communicating with any children who may join my class with hearing difficulties and be able to teach my class some signs too. So far it has been fascinating and I can't wait to learn more! 
    • Hi my names Breffny.  I was first introduced to sign language by a friend when I was younger.  Her mum and dad were part of the deaf community and she taught me finger spelling.  I’ve always wanted to learn more but it’s so expensive to go to college to learn so when I saw this great opportunity I couldn’t wait to get started
    • Hello Everybody!! my wife Lyn and I have enrolled on the course with a view to distance learn sign language. Its always been a skill that I’ve been interested in and we’ve finally taken the plunge and enrolled, I’m not the most technical minded of characters, but hope to get by with the learning curve - it’s going to be steep I think! Hoping to make new friends and acquaintances - that’s us hope to speak soon. 
    • Hi, i currently work as a teaching assistant in a school for Autistic children. Each week we teach the children a new 'sign of the week.' So i thought, while we are on lock down, no would b a great time to learn BSL for myself so i could use it better in my job.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker