Rubix

Hello

Hi,

Ive been interested in learning sign for many years and just need to sort myself out.  I was born deaf but it turns out it wasn't permanent as I was just all blocked up in the ear-nose-throat department.  As such I still find myself lip-reading as I was 6 years old when my tonsils and adenoids were removed and giving my hearing back. (i'm over the hill now at 40) but still love the idea of learning.  Although I'm torn between face to face learning by night school or doing an online course.  

Thanks for letting me in :-) 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hello Everyone I am 51and joining BSL as I want to make friends here and within the Deaf Community. I have been drawn to Sign language for many years and feel its important to be able to communicate effectively and fluently. I hope you are all keeping safe and well.
    • Hi there.  I'm Louisa and I'm very new to BSL.  My mum taught makaton when I was younger but I didn't pay too much attention or so I thought: I've clearly picked up some bits that link in with BSL.  I work in finance for a council working with adults with physical and sensory impairments and awareness is one of our key messages to the communities we work with.  So I'm learning to be able to communicate better with the people I work with.  I am loving the course so far (only on intro session 4) a
    • Hello I am very new to signing but I am also keen to practice... 
    • Hi, My name is Paula and I decided to learn BSL during lockdown as I have been teaching and I thought it would be good if my learners could at least know how to say “ hello” or “can I help” In sign language so I thought I could bring bits of signing into my lessons.
    • Hi everyone! My name is Hira and I am 19 years old. I am studying Speech and Language Therapy at University and had my first placement last December. Through volunteering and my placement, I have realised how important it is to know the basics of signing in order to communicate with others. For my career, I want to learn BSL so I can sign certain topics with children who have language difficulties during therapy sessions etc. I also love developing skills and although BSL seems really tricky as
    • I have been interested and fascinated by the Deaf community for a while now. Also, I hate the idea that I wouldn't be able to make friends due to differences in language/ability. I want everyone to feel included and comfortable around me regardless of differences. This is why I am learning BSL. 
    • *sighs nervously and waves hand* hello I am Akira. I have been drawn to the Deaf community for a while and decided to act upon it today and no I do not know any Deaf people. I am interested in making friends here though as I am a beginner. hope to hear from you all soon!! *waves bye, excitedly*
    • Hi Myself and my daughter, Kiera (12) decided to begin to learn British Sign Language. It is helpful that we are both learning together as we can continually practice, which we find to be very beneficial to remembering the signs. We would find it very rewarding to be able to speak to other people using sign language in the future. Hayley and Kiera 🙂
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker