jovol

Hi! New to BSL and I'm interested in teaching ESL via BSL

Hi there,

I'm new to BSL and I am interested in how to teach English as a second language (ESL) to those who are hard of hearing and to those who are visually impaired.

If there are any books that would give a seasoned ESL teacher pointers on how to do this, please can you recommend them.

I look forward to receiving your recommendations and feedback.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi my name is Julie Paton  - I am learning BSL because I have always being interested in learning BSL, I have worked in care work and have done courses that could help me with getting in to work and learning BSL will help me later on in looking for work and if I get in to work such as care work, or mental health or any direction it will be useful to have.   I am at the moment caring for my mum so I am just doing various courses etc also what with the coronavirus BSL is interesting and I loo
    • Hi my name is Julie and I have worked in care which I really enjoyed and felt that it was a rewarding job, I have also done administration work, I have always wanted to learn BSL and I am on module 4 I think I am doing ok learning BSL, I am enjoying learning BSL, I love learning new things, taking on new challenges, I am thinking that learning BSL will help me in the future with future jobs and work as this will be handy to learn.
    • Hello all,  My name is Maria and I have just started to learn BSL. I started learning when i was a teenager but had to stop due to other commitments but I always had the intention to come back to this. I would like to be able to make connections to other people who use BSL - I have a firm belief that in order to fully engage and a learn any language its important to have someone you can practice and learn with.  Thank you for reading this and good luck to everyone who is just starting 
    • hi my name is Katie and I want to hopefully work in mental health, i think that learning BSL would be really beneficial to helping people who need help. BSL is something that I have always wanted to learn and so far doing okay (i think) does any one else struggle reading spelling?
    • Hi everyone, My name is Aileen and I have started learning BSL through Youtube about three years ago after going to a concert which had an interpreter. I thought it was really great of the band to be as inclusive as possible with their music so I started to learn a bit of BSL. Life got busy and I stopped learning. As a New Years resolution I decided to take BSL more serious, so here I am!
    • Hello all,  I'm learning British Sign Language during this COVID-19 lockdown period. I started when I was still furloughed, for something new to learn and during this course I have unfortunatley been made redundant, but looking forward to finishing the course with a new skill & understanding of wonderful form of communication, hopefully helping me with any future endeavours. 
    • Hi Meagan, my wife is starting a degree in NHS mental health nursing and she is learning BSL for the same reasons as you. 😃
    • Hi All, I just wanted to introduce myself, I am Mark and have recently started learning BSL with my wife and daughter.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker