Introducing myself

Ewa

Hi, my name is Ewa. BSL was always on my list of things to learn but sadly I've never really committed enough. I have recently watched CODA and decided that now is the time. I'm loving every minute of it and I hope I will be able to learn it well enough to hold a conversation on any topic. 

Edited by Ewa

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• It's great that you're going BSL, I'm sure you'll find friends with it. I haven't had any real conversations in sign language, I only picked ISL because it looked fun.  I do hope to finish the last class in the next month.  Thank you for the encouragement. I actually find Braille more testable since those I know aren't too interested in sign.  Braille is quite fun now with the different English and universal ones to learn, grade 1, 2, 3, UEB, math, and music.  It's nice to read dual te
    • Hey! What a lovely email to receive:)Thank you. I did do a short course in NZSL but it is obviously very similar to Auslan so I thought BSL users are a much larger community so went that way instead! I would encourage you to learn more ISL ( perhaps assuming wrongly you mean Irish Sign Language?) such a wonderful skill to have signed languages.  Thanks for contacting me:). Emma.
    • My name is Mary and I am based in Nottingham. Working in the healthcare means i interact with people with hearing impairment and so learning BSL will help me to effectively communicate with people within the Deaf community.
    • Hope you achieved it.  Làmh and Makaton are basically the same thing, but why not just stick to ISL/BSL?  There's so many signs to learn over time, why complicate it? However.  Làmh at least does have an app of games to learn Làmh called Làmh Time with a video dictionary of over a 100 signs.  Also, Vimeo has 2 DVDs copied that are songs using Làmh for learning Làmh.  It's not the same, and it would give you a basis of Irish Sign Language, but I think from a cost point of view, Làmh is more
    • Well, if the numbers are to be believed, learning BSL to fluent adds 150 thousand possible friends.  It's amazing that BSL, ISL, Làmh, and Makaton are all so close to each other geographically.
    • That's thoughtful.  What a nice reason to learn!
    • My name on this forum is evertale.  It's a video game of no importance.  Since the pandemic, I eventually stopped believing friends were going to happen on my efforts, but that didn't stop me from learning new things.  The sister website of this forum is the one I signed up for so I could at least learn enough BSL to reduce dependence on subtitles in BSL TV shows.  The sign language I might know is ISL, mostly due to there is only one ISL class I haven't finished that isn't live.  I have never h
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker