Hi everyone, I have started learning to sign BSL online, i works shifts so attending a class was just not going to work.  I am at the stage now where i could really do with practice with someone. If you have the time and patience to help me please get in touch. 

I work for the ambulance service and tend to work four twelve hours shifts in a row then have for days off. 

I want to lean BSL so  that i can understand patients  who can not hear or  who sign instead of talking. At the moment I have to write everything down i want to say and it feels very impersonal and frustrating. 

I live in Devon, and in my free time i like top cycle, paddleboard and walk my two dogs 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi Everyone, my name is Meagan. I am learning BSL because I would like a career in healthcare and I thought that it would be useful to be able to communicate in as many forms as I can learn. Being able to communicate with a patient who uses BSL directly could make them feel more comfortable in my care and make the whole process a lot easier.  
    • @VanessaH @Shellie @Faith Odi @Jeetus Maximus Sohpal @Mariam Hey Everyone! Thank you all for your patience.  This weeks meeting has been rescheduled to Sunday 2pm. As things begin to normalise work starting up again, I will need to set future meetings in accordance to such changes. But please do contact any other people within this thread for one to one sessions on days outside the BSL meetings. See you Sunday! Usaid Tariq is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: SUNDAY
    • Yasmin, and I'm a Singaporean studying in London.  I've always had an interest in sign language and was teaching myself ASL previously. But when I met my partner in the UK, I decided to pick up BSL instead in order to equip myself with more varied methods of communicating with him, since he is Deaf himself. He doesn't use BSL often, preferring to lip read, but I still find it tricky to communicate with him when he doesn't have his coclear implant in, especially in the mornings when we've ju
    • Hello Everyone!  My name is Suzzette, I'm a filmmaker from Puerto Rico currently living in London and I'm learning BSL to show some support to my girlfriend who is a Welsh member of the Deaf Community.
    • Hello, I have just qualified as a teacher so learning BSL while in lockdown
    • Hello has anyone done their level 2 bsl. I just wanted to know how different it is to level 1 and how did you find the exams. Guess I’m just really nervous and wanted a little insight if anyone has done the level 2 
    • Hello I’m looking to do level 2 bsl and was just wondering where you did ur level 2. Did u do an online course and if so how did you find it for learning? 
    • @VanessaH @Shellie yes the meetings still occur on zoom. We have done 3 meetings in total so far. The schedule is still the same. However for this week only there might be a slight change. But I will update this thread once I have confirmation. 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker