Sign in to follow this  
Tracey

Ms

Hi

Im from Glasgow and new to this forum. Im currently getting ready to go to Malawi for a month. I’ll be teaching BSL at a remote school where there is no communication available for the deaf or hard of hearing. Went last year and loved it. I have attended college on a couple of BSL courses and completed some online but I’ve found it very helpful watching YouTube and signing with friends etc. If anyone has any hand outs they could share with me, that would be great. I’ve got some resources to take with me but any advise or freebies will be welcome 😊

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hello everyone, I have thought about learning BSL many times in the past but never got round to it, now with some forced isolation I have the time so here goes.
    • Hi my name is jane, my nan passed away Monday and I cannot be with or see my family at present due to the awful situation we are all in, but instead of sitting and being down and over thinking I have decided to learn sign language its something I have always wanted to do and my nan had a deaf sister so she would be really proud of me xxx
    • Hi my fellow BSL community, Wanted to come on and say hi. I'm a teacher who is passionate about learning and communicating. I've always wanted to learn sign language and finally got the courage to do so. So excited to be on this journey!
    • hii, I'm Beth, i'm learning sign language because it's always interested me and I thought id take this spare time to my advantage and learn as much as can, I also want to be a paramedic and I think this will advantage me when applying for jobs and university :)
    • I have wanted to learn sign language for as long as I can remember. Having a child with Autism, I am no stranger to the SEN Community, however, I am also a teacher in the making! I think having sign language skills will enable me to communicate with a whole new community who I would love the ability to communicate with. I have recently finished a PGDip in Inclusion and supporting learners, this is just another level of being able to be inclusive and supportive. I find this language fascinating a
    • Hi I am Kel and I am a student teacher. With the lockdown I am here at home and in between my coursework I had the opportunity to study BSL. I have wanted to learn sign language for years and so when the opportunity arose, I jumped at it. I am working through the units and my 12 yo is joining in with me too. What an amazing language to learn, I am loving it so far! 
    • Hi! My name is Usayd. I am learning BSL and have just finished lesson 3 and plan to keep going. I'm learning because my best friend uses BSL with his family and have a few customers at my cafe that are Deaf, and thought it would very valuable to learn. Do send a message. I am on here every day usually between 3 and 6. Would love to excel my learning with other beginners or anyone for that matter to become much more better. 
    • My name is Ruby and I am 12 years old. At the moment I'm not at school so I thought i'd do something with my spare time. So me and my mum are learning sign language and it is really fun.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker