You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• hi I'm just doing my sign language level 2 looking to purchase DVDs but doing know where to look
    • Hi!    I’d love to practice some BSL with you, i’m currently studying level 1 
    • Hello folks   I've done a bit of research into various level 1 courses and I'm finding it all very confusing, plus the cost differences are amazing.  What is the best way for a complete beginner to learn BSL?  Is it ok to do the online level 1 then go onto level 2 in a class, or is it better to do the class from level 1 so one gets the hand forms correct? I'm thinking of doing a taster session first and see how I get on, then do level 1, or is it possible to skip that level and go into level 2 if you know the hand forms?   I've seen courses at Universities (Kings is £310 each part, with level 1 divided into 3 parts and as such it's a costly £930 for the complete course), compared to the online BSL course of £20.  Then the local adult education does something called the prelevel 1s and 2s at £126 and £158.   Please help, I'm on a minimum wage so can't afford the huge cost of some of these course.  If I like the BSl I hope to take it further through the courses, so a long journey (I presume to level 6).   I     
    • Hello everyone,   This is my first post in the forum so please be gentle.   I'm a mature student with an interest in learning BSL from level 1 upwards.  I'm finding all the courses really confusing, so I'm hoping coming here will help.     I have lots of questions, so I better have a look see where to put them al,l before making this post too long.   Nice to meet you all   Purdy.
    • I was really hoping someone with more knowledge would answer this, expect you've done this by now, but anyway here's what I think (please correct me anyone?!) So the question in English would be 'What did you have for breakfast?' ( did implies 'this morning') or; 'What do you have for breakfast?' (do implies 'usually') But there are no tenses in BSL, so you give the timeframe first: 'This morning [or usually] breakfast you eat what?' I'm fairly sure of that part, the answer, less certain, 'This morning, Breakfast I toast eat' - at least I think it's that order, not 'eat toast', because the example of sentence order I often see is 'the cat tree climbs': Subject; object; verb - if you were drawing a picture you wouldn't draw the cat climbing, before giving it a tree to climb.
    • Tutor Doctor are looking for someone who can teach basic sign language in North Leeds. We have received an application asking for an introductory course to BSL. The student is looking for in home tutoring because the available classes in Leeds do not fit her schedule. Tutor Doctor provide bespoke courses, tailor made to the needs of a learner. If you think you have the skills and know you can share them effectively then please call 07543829681 and we can discuss.  Alternatively if you wish to email them my address is [email protected] Thanks
    • Hello wonderful people.  This week I am teaching my class how to sign what they ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know the signs for the meals, eat and foods but how do I sign the sentences? Would it be "breakfast I eat x" then "lunch I eat x" then "dinner I eat x"?

Thank you!
    • Hi again Libbie - Im done now.  Here is a link to some BSL teaching videos - followed bu a quiz.  It might interest you. https://bsl.surrey.ac.uk/numbers-dates/days-week Kind regards K
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker