Hi, my name is Maria and I am new to BSL.  I'm not deaf and have no family that are deaf.  I wanted to learn as it seems to be a great skill to have.  If I met a Deaf/deaf person I would like to be able to communicate and not do what most hearing people do, which is Shout! Thank you for having m :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Hello, I am Etienne, I am French but I have been living in London for the past 2 years . I am a Project Officer in an NGO. I don't have anyone around me speaking BSL but I always wanted to learn the french one but never had the opportunity to do it. Last week, one of my friends started this course and told me about it so I took it too and I really enjoy it
    • Hi! I am Sam and have wanted to learn BSL for years.  Having worked in Health & Social Care for the past 20 years, I now work within Community Development. On a day to day basis I meet lots of different people and with the benefits of volunteering and being more connected within your community filly accepted and promoted more and more often I find myself working alongside people with additional needs who may benefit from my ability to communicate with them using BSL. I currently live in
      Good Evening all. Call me FearOfButteflies or Zoe I'm a KS3/4 Science teacher from England. I signed up to this 2 days ago due to the corona virus and being home working. I have always wanted to learn sign language and feel it will benefit me as a teacher in so many ways! I am 22years old and love learning new exciting things. I am a keen gardener and do lots of home work in agriculture, home growing and farming. I own 1 Doberman called Indy, 1 cat called Tilly, 2 guinea pigs called Pe
    • Hi, Im a Nurse & wanted to learn sign in order to form effective communication & understanding with my Deaf/deaf patients. This would also allow for better relation/trust and not single them out. Hope you guys can support me <3 
    • I decided to try and learn some basic Bsl due to you never knowing who or what you may need it for in the future. I think that everyone deserves and has the right to talk to everyone and anyone regardless of disabilities. I hope to continue doing this and learning more every day
    • My dad taught us children the alphabet and a few basics as we grew up, he worked with a deaf gentleman many years ago, they struggled to communicate well with him so whilst he was still there, my dad borrowed a book from the library, talking hands and taught himself. Bob became a friend on my dads for many years. I owe it to my dad ❤️ 
    • My friends daughter is learning Makaton. AS im a student teacher and obs now with 5 months free, i wanted to learn BSL. Are there huge differences and would I be better learning Makaton? Thanks
    • What are the differences or similarities between BSL and Makaton. Ref - learning to communicate with a 3 year old with Down's. 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker