Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Are there any Purple, Sorenson, or VRI Interpreters out there?  I was just offered a job doing VRI for Purple and am curious if anyone works there and could give me advice?  Or any VRI advice?  

How do you tend to communicate with your team if you are overwhelmed - do you pm in the company platform, use text, fbm?  What are the best practices for that?

Was anyone else scared to start this? I know I have to get my feet wet in VRI at some point if I want to do VRI but I am still super nervous as I might get a client who's signing style, accent, or new signs may throw me for loops?  How did others feel about this?  

What do you do if you miss FS during VRI work?  Do you just ask the client for clarification?  Can the client type that in on platform?  

Any advice for working for purple as a private contractor?  

Any other interpreting forums terps think are great that I should join?

I am super nervous about starting but they assure me I will be on a team with a more seasoned interpreter and I can be mentored.  Is this really the case? I talked to a rep and of course they made it sounds all rainbows and roses....

 

Thanks so much!!!

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...