Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I am not deaf. In two situations I use gestures that my daughter  and I invented at home in the kitchen .  If in noisy situations I can't hear individual voices so then also use the gestures too.  Only my daughter and I know this anymore . 

When I lose my voice sometimes for weeks. I use  gestures . My daughter knows what they are.  Years ago I ran a daycare when I would lose my voice the kids knew what they meant too.  

Money, or money the costs is too high, or money the costs is ok. Or money I don't know the costs yet.  

Theres one for august. And a whole bunch hard to explain. Like well most were one handed left handed . Sine if I'm standing I'd have my right hand doing something else.

maybe I'd like to learn sign language I hope that's ok well what an idea . 

Edited by Saunter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...