Sign in to follow this  
SigningBrandi

Introduction: Brandi

Hi everyone! My name is Brandi. I've been interpreting just short of 10 years. I hold state and national certification. I work in the St. Louis metro area. I've worked in almost every setting you can imagine, with the exception of VRS or VRI.  Currently I am a staff interpreter for a large hospital system. I received my Associates and Bachelor degrees in Sign Language. I learned the alphabet and how to sign Jingle Bell Rock when I was in 6th grade. I always remembered those signs. After working for the government for about 4 years doing accounting, I realized I wasn't happy. This led me to get a catalog for the local community college. There it was! A degree in sign language. One class and I was hooked. 

I love seeing all the people on this page trying to learn sign language. My biggest piece of advice is to find a Deaf friend/ mentor. There is nothing that compares to learning from a native user. 

Feel free to reach out with any questions! I look forward to meeting many of you. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Hello! I'm actually deaf and I was wondering what skill level you are at as of right now. I may be young but I am an intermediate HOH signer who can read lips... I am willing to help you learn some basic ASL as well. 
    • Hello! I am HOH and live a deaf life except for school, I don't really want hearing aids and I am an intermediate signer who is willing to take on some beginners and work with them!!  
    • Hi! I'm Stella and I am hearing. I started attempting to learn ASL about 4 years ago. I have been building up my vocabulary and very basic grammar, but I don't often get a chance to practice with other people. Thought I could practice here. I really enjoy conversations and communicating -- even though I can be extremely awkward--, so I thought ASL could be a fun language to learn.
    • I also watched Switched at Birth and fell in LOVE with ASL. I’m trying my best to learn it and hopefully be able to communicate with the deaf community.