Seeking Signing Practice Partners

Defective_Avian

Hello!

My name is Reny, and I am searching for opportunities to practice ASL. I am hearing, and I am learning ASL as an independent study for school. I want to learn this language right, which is hard to do without another pair of eyes, so that is why I'm here. I am a novice in ASL, but I do already know some syntax, a handful of signs, and my alphabet, even if I do stumble a bit. I am looking forward to getting to know this community, and I am hoping I can be of assistance to others, as they are to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Terri. I am learning ASL at my community College. In the middle of my first semester. I am enjoying it but need help keeping things fresh and reading fingerspell. It seems SO fast. 

Would love to set up a time/day to have a chat group.

Okay so I have gotten A LOT more responses than I expected, which I very much appreciate. Now I don’t have a lot of free time, and I’ve found someone who I’ve been studying with on this site. I want to make sure that all the people who responded to my post can get a partner, but having such a big group would probably be complicated. So I’m hoping that maybe in this thread people will be able to find someone they would like to work with. I’m very thankful for all the offers, this is a wonderful community but I don’t believe that I can handle this big a group of people. If you can’t find anyone to practice with then I’d be glad to help, but I believe that there are a lot of people in this comment section who also are looking for partners. Thankyou all again!

-Reny

• 2 weeks later...