Looking For Friendly Humans to give Feedback on ASL Dialogue Lines in a Video Game Project

ideamonster

Hi everyone!
My name is Zein, I'm hearing and are working with a few other people on a sci-fi action-platformer VR game that features a deaf main NPC that uses ASL to communicate with the player. The player can sometimes respond with single-word answers by picking up a word bubble that changes the hand shape and then making the corresponding gesture (e.g. pick up the fist for YES, then tilt the controller up and down)

I am currently learning signing myself and I'm reaching out to communities to get feedback for authenticity and inclusion. I have some dialogue lines for the character but it would help a lot to get feedback, because I'm sure, a lot of lines / signs, are currently weird or out of place.
I already got feedback from a discord community for the first line. I can share this here so you can get a better picture.

Randy: Oh my God! There was an earthquake at the excavation site, and some sort of lightning storm. I'm not sure... are you okay?
ASL: WOAH! Earthquake there mining place do-do. Loud lightning! Why no-idea. You alright you (eyebrows up)?

Here's me trying it myself but it will be hand-animated once it gets into the game.

Would anybody be intereseted/willing to give their input and feedback? I would share more of Randy's lines here to improve, fix, or correct them. It would be a great help! 

Thank you for your time,
Zein

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think its great you are designing this game but will there be a big enough market for it?

thats something im not sure of.

i personally think a really great idea.

there are many deaf people who miss out on many things because it isnt designed for a deaf person in mind.