Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Good afternoon.

As many of us, I'm snooping around for online practice groups.  Unfortunately zoom / online works ideally for many of us, but as Covid wanes and groups are ending in favor of in-person, we are eager to hear about new groups (beyond those currently offered on Meetup.com (most of us belong to the main groups on there already)).  Sometimes opportunities are shared in smaller communities, so worth asking as our regular ones sadly decline.  It can be tricky with time zone differences, but it can't hurt to ask!  Looking for conversation / discussion (vs. games or classes), primarily intermediate and above (all levels are okay as well, as I'm happy to spread the word for anyone in the same boat).  Thank you for any ideas, links, direction etc!

  • 5 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...