Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Hi. I'm a beginner to ASL and I'm looking for people to sign with. I am 11 years old and I started learning ASL by watching Switched at Birth which has deaf characters in it. I am currently home-schooled and I live in Vermont. Please reply if you would like to sign with me and we can find a time to sign together in a video chat room.
    • hi! My name is stella. i would be happy to chat with you as i am fluent in asl becasue of deaf family/friends. We could set up a time and i will gladly chat with you in the mixed asl chat room.  
    • Hi, Jason! My name is Joy and I would love a pal to practice with!  I live in the great city of Austin, Texas and work as a teacher. I need to seriously improve my signing for my work. Although ideally, we would also have someone from the Deaf community with us, I am certain that there would be great value in the 2 of us signing together, novices we may be. Now I am going to attempt to record something like this in a video for you. Hope to hear from you soon... Joy Ok, guess who! So i went to record this (and I recorded a video the other day on this computer, so I know it works), and it told me that my camera and microphone were blocked and that I need to unblock them. But i cannot figure out how! Can you help?
    • Back in the 1990s I was a slam poet, and I've been told that my signing is particularly theatrical as a result. I know that the sign for THEATER is backwards pinwheeling of thumbs-up "A" hands in front of your chest; but is there a separate sign for THEATRICAL, or do I simply sign THEATER in an exaggerated way?