Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, my name is Nick and I'm in Asl 2 almost Asl 3 (I would have tested in to Asl 3 by now if it was allowed) I have a Deaf teacher who I communicate amazingly with and agrees I should be in a higher level. I have no Deaf family members but I have been surrounded by sign through my mom who used to be an interpreter and my sister who is getting a seal of biliteracy this year in asl. I just want to help anyone who wants it even if all you want to do is practice. :)

Posted

Discord has a massive 24/7 streaming ASL practice room. Very cool. https://discord.com/channels/566145505587888128/700089792351961198

Furthermore, find more ASL Cafes, Happy Hours, groups and more at https://chatgpt.com/g/g-67638cd4501881919006d6f8aa8ce4db-linguist-cafes-happy-hours-nights-out-groups talk to ChatGPT like google and it will help you find a wealth of data on groups for your language and area. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...