Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi! I’m Cass. I’m a 36 year old, she/her pronouns. I’m looking for a partner who wouldn’t mind putting aside a couple minutes a week/weekend to help me out. I was learning for six months straight and then life got in the way and now I’ve lost a lot of my ability. It’s actually kind of important I regain my ability because it’s an invaluable skill to be able to bridge the communication gap at my job. Plus I think it’s just something everyone should know.

 

I can carry a super basic convo, know 1-10, some colors, and a slew of random words. I struggle with finger spelling reception.

 

I’m audhd, love animals, true crime podcasts and books, music. I’m not sure what else to say here haha.

 

If anyone’s interested in chatting I suppose, hit me up! I’ll be ready. 

Posted

Hi Cass! My pronouns are he/him. I'm 54 years old and taking an ASL class in college. I'm game! I'm earning a BASW, and American Sign Language was an option to fulfill a college prerequisite. I can carry on an introductory conversation and count to 66. My vocabulary is expanding, but I don't have many opportunities to use ASL outside the classroom.

I'm usually free on the weekends. Feel free to email me at r1971jonesgmail.com and we can set something up! 

 

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...