Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello. My name is Julian an I am currently taking ASL courses at my local community college. My brother lost his hearing about 9 years ago and is Deaf now. I am learning ASL to better communicate with him and I am also excited to be able to use ASL at work.  

I am finishing up with ASL 2 this semester and look forward to ASL 3. I signed up for this forum in hopes of bettering my ASL skills and practicing a bit more. 

I look forward to meeting some great new people. Feel free to hit me up if you’d like to practice or chat. 

Posted (edited)

Hi Julian! My name is Leah, and I'm currently learning ASL as well. I'm not very advanced, more of a beginner really, but if you'd ever like to try video chatting let me know! I probably couldn't help you very much but I could definitely try! If you're interested please let me know!

Happy signing!

Edited by LeahhhBrooke

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...