Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello Everyone,

My name is Crystal (Juuyaak is my Native name).  I am in the beginning of my first ASL class and loving it.  I live in Alaska with my husband, 5 young children and another on the way.  I would love to have people to practice ASL with!  We have a small Deaf community here in Alaska very spread out, so meeting with people here is very difficult.

 

Thanks,

 

Crystal

Posted

Hey' ~ I'm an absolute beginner. I have profound hearing loss and chronic intractable tinnitus. I've tried some Apps on the iPhone that cover the basics, but for some reason when I practice with someone in real time, I remember it better. I'm just discovering this sing language forum(s) but I'm open to practicing with anyone.

Posted

Hello Robert,

I am also an absolute beginner! I am hearing but have been interested in learning ASL for years. I am currently in a club that meets once a week, but believe I need more practice than that. 

I also remember better when I actually sign with someone. 

I would love to practice with you if you’re still looking.

thank you,

Nya

Posted

Yes, I'm interested Kira.

It's good that you can hear because I can hear with headphones also and we could share what we do know.

Probably could start making a checklist while learning about lessons in first interactions in ASL learning for beginners.

What hours are best for you? I'm on Easter Standard Time in Michigan. After 7pm is usually great for me.

Posted

Hello there! I am so happy to find this site and I am very grateful for the add! Currently, I am in ASL 1 after many years attending school. I want to immerse myself and hoping this is the spot to do it. One on one conversations is best for me. 

Posted

Hi! This is my first year taking ASL 1 and it would be awesome to practice with someone. It would really help if anyone has time to video chat for a grade I need for my ASL class as well as getting to know and be more comfortable with ASL.

Posted

When I see "ASL 1" and "ASL 2" I've had no idea what these mean, except Level-1 and Level-2 of American Sign Language.

I see a wide variety of learning of "ASL 1" on YouTube and other sites.

What materials are most people on this Forum using to learn "ASL 1" ?

How many people are going to a local school or instructor and learning ASL 1 ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...