Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

I'm starting my beginner level ASL class and need to find some one willing to help me practice while I'm at work in the late late night. I chose ASL because I feel like it's a drastically under rated and necessary language in the modern age. I'm prior law enforcement (and I'm planning to go back into it after college) and on multiple occasions I was put in a situation where I had to try to communicate with a deaf person who was irate or distraught about the situation. In every situation, no one knew a hearing signer or where we could even reach one. I never want to put someone in that kind of situation again, I'm there to help keep things calm and my lack of communication skills only made things worse for everyone.

Sorry about the video I made it at the end of my work shift (4:00 AM) so I was REALLY tired.

I look forward to signing with you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...