Sign in to follow this  
Ponyman

Hi, I'm Ponyman

Little bit about why I'm interested in ASL. I have always wanted to learn signing and did take a class at a church about 10 years ago for a few weeks. My wife has a severe hearing loss of 90% and has wore hearing aids for 47 years. She communicates well when 1 on 1. her loss started at 45% but has gotten worse over the years. She has not been interested in learning ASL. I want to learn it and hopefully can teach her at home since she wont take a college class with me. I am enrolling in a ASL class my self starting in Jan. 2019 . I have been online with a free program "Start ASL". I want to get more exposure show I'm signing up here also.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• I've been missing sign class with all this going on, and am excited to find an ASL chatroom! I'm hearing, and I've been learning informally for about 4 years now. Definitely no where near fluent yet though :P I can't wait to meet you all! 
    • Hi there Jose! Sorry for the delayed response, I forget to check the forum regularly. But yes I'd be interested in practicing ASL together sometime. I've got Skype or Google Meet if either of those would work for you at all.
    • I'm trying to sign the following English question:  Do you spend a lot of time in your office? My best shot, utilizing my limited knowledge of ASL, is: YOUR OFFICE YOU LONG-TIME STAY? Any feedback is welcome. 
    • I've always envied bi- and multi-lingual people. I took my first ASL class with a friend who is experiencing voice loss, and am now in my third class. I joined this forum as a means to connect with others interested in ASL, and to ask questions.