Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi there,

My name is Stephanie. Back in college, I took 3 years of ASL for my foreign language requirement and loved it! I have been out of practice for about 4 years now, and realized how rusty I was when this past year when2 separate times, I ran into a member of the deaf community that I needed to communicate with for work reasons, and felt like it had all left me. Hopefully I can find someone to practice with from time to time!

Posted

hi! I've never taken a formal ASL class and I'm decently new to it, but I've been learning a lot over the internet. perhaps we could do a video chat some time so that you could sharpen your skills and I could learn how to communicate better? let me know :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...