Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello (again)!

My name is Nana, I live in Canada and I have started to learn ASL about a year ago. 

I completed the level 102; I can sign casually on familiar topics, but I’m quite bad at signing numbers lol.

I like anime, mangas, romans, illustration, witchcraft (sorry, I mean I’m into Wicca lol) martial arts and travelling. 

I’m looking forward to met new signers :D

 

Posted

Hi Nana,

I just registered with this site and noticed your post almost immediately. I suck at numbers too! I can sign them (I think... ish...) but I panic when I see someone sign them ("F...oh no that was a 9... and now I've missed the rest of them").

So yeah, I need practice.

Not sure how that works on this site, do we use the chat rooms?

I just tried that Record Video button and got you eight seconds of black screen so that'll need work 🙂

  • Like 1
Posted

Hehe, I’m bad with numbers since day 1; I always had a hard time with math and numbers, asl is no exception.

I didn’t try the chat rooms so far because apparently they don’t work on tablet. Since that i cannot go on the website from my workplace, I always have my iPad with me, but for this particular matter it’s not useful.

I have another “pen pal” (or should I say “signpal?) and we send videos to each other through DMs, but I don’t mind using Hangouts or Snapchat as well (but I prefer Hangouts since I watch each video a dozen of times to make sure I understand at least 75% of it ) :D

Posted

Would you be interested in trying a live conversation on Skype or Hangouts? The thing with video is that I can practice beforehand and also take my time understanding it. I know that's useful, but I can do that with YouTube videos (in fact, that's what I do).

But what if you're actually dependent on ASL for communication? I want to throw myself off the deep end and see how far I get. Preferably with another learner so that we won't be embarrassed asking for repetition several times.

What do you think?

 

Posted

I don't mind ; I think it will be an interesting exchange :D
I'll DM you my Hangout ; I didn't use my skype FOR YEARS lol
I'm not even sure that my account still exist!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...