Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a few questions for deaf people, I am doing a project pls be honest if you are deaf or not. I tried to make sure these questions would not be offensive to anyone in the deaf community.

Please answer the following

1: Do you feel because you are deaf you have less of a voice in your community?

 

2: Can you lip read and speak?

 

3: Do you feel hearing people should learn ASL because you have been forced to adapt to a hearing society and you can speak to us so why shouldn't we be able to speak to you.

 

4: Is it hard having hearing parrents, what's the hardest part?

 

6: What is your favorite type of entertainment?

 

7: Do you watch Netflix? What is it like for you? How do you watch it? With subtitles?

 

8: How do you experience music, what does it mean to you? What's your favorite artist?

 

 10: Do you feel the police should know ASL so that they can communicate with people in the deaf community?

 

11: What is school like for you?

 

12: Where you brought up in the deaf or hearing world?

 

13: What is your social life like?

 

14: What are some things people have said to you about your deafness that were unitentialy rude and upsetting.

 

15: Do you feel most people view being deaf as a disability?

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...