Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey friends! Happy Deaf Awareness Month. My name is Adison. I am hearing. I am 24 years old. I am from California. I live in Washington DC now. I'm hoping to move soon but that's a different story. I work as a flight attendant. I love my job and it is a ton of fun! I learned ASL in college. From the first class, I just fell in love. The language is just beautiful, the culture is amazing, and I wanted to just learn it all. I got pretty good and was easily holding conversations. But I graduated and stopped signing. I stopped taking ASL courses and practicing. Naturally, I lost my knowledge of the language. Fast forward three years to now. I've decided to relearn the language. I have been using the internet, watching Youtube and Instagram. With my job, I travel a lot and am usually gone for 20 days every month making it hard to take an actual class. But I have found some great people and now I found this website. I want to meet you

all and practice and just chat. Thank you for watching and I'm excited to meet you!

Side note, not signed. I have retained a fair amount of vocab but a lot of the grammar has escaped me. If you have any corrections I would greatly appreciate them!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • I am taking my first class of ASL at a local community college.   I am hearing.  The teacher is Deaf and fantastic.   The language is beautiful.   I am learning because I have 3 neuro-divergent kids and I think this would be a good way to connect with them.
    • However, it tends to cover all aspects of the business curriculum in much greater depth. You get a formal degree qualification after spending a significant amount of time. Normally, it is more suitable for people seeking a comprehensive business education rather than for those focusing on and sharpening a single skill.
    • Hello all,   I am learning ASL through my church signing ministry.  I have been studying in the ministry for two years and I really enjoy learning the language.  I am also part of our signing choir.  I am being encouraged to begin interpreting part of our Sunday services and I want to improve my signing skills.  I saw this forum and thought this would be a good place to start.  I am looking forward to any tips and help from the community.  Bye for now!😸
    • Hi! I'm a writer who loves realism and going down rabbit holes. I have a character with selective mutism and want to learn sign language in order to better portray signing in my story. Also, learning in general is fun and knowing multiple languages is useful.  Any advice on exploring and learning the language would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...