The reason why I am learning ASL

Apparently, the world of ASL has come straight for me. I recently moved, and both my neighbors on each side of my house are deaf. I had to youtube some basic signs of "Hello, Nice to meet you, How are you and etc" Just to have some conversation with them. If that was not an enough reason, I recently had a few patients come in that are deaf, and has been signing. Good thing I was able to learn some by then, and signed the basic greetings. I want to be able to communicate with my patients and my neighbors, as learning a new language will definitely add some points on a resume as well, but mainly to communicate and have a fun ordinary conversation with my neighbor and patients. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yay you! 
I had a deaf roommate for 6 months who was helping me come up with a for deaf by deaf Vanlife project and then he moved out of state. Then a deaf client hired me to fix the solar in their campervan and she has now taken over heading our videos. My son is a senior in high school and his language is/has been asl so I figured this is the perfect time to add another language to my life and practice daily.

I see you wrote 10 days ago, but if anyone is around, I’m up for forum chatting. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, Rene Geneva said:

Yay you! 
I had a deaf roommate for 6 months who was helping me come up with a for deaf by deaf Vanlife project and then he moved out of state. Then a deaf client hired me to fix the solar in their campervan and she has now taken over heading our videos. My son is a senior in high school and his language is/has been asl so I figured this is the perfect time to add another language to my life and practice daily.

I see you wrote 10 days ago, but if anyone is around, I’m up for forum chatting. 

Do you have fb zoom or anything I’m interested in learning more asl and sharing what asl I already know